The effects of bad customer experiences are pretty clear: sales dip, customers split, reputations slip, loyalty wanes, and employee confidence drains.
You could say almost the exact same thing about employee experiences. What’s more, good employee experiences can lift customer experiences. They really walk hand-in-hand. And personalization is the key to both.
Here’s what we know:
- End-user experiences for employees often mirror a company’s commitment to customer experience (CX) and vice versa.
- An engaged employee engages more with customers.
- We expect more from engagement than ever before.
- Just like customers, employees have options because the grass always does look greener.
Attrition for employees and customers drive down parallel streets with similar missed moments that matter along the journey – not getting the information you need when you need it, impersonal nurturing, being treated like an expendable number, and not having a clear path to completion of the intended goal. These are not symptoms of a problem, THEY ARE THE PROBLEM.
And they’re costly problems:
- With an average turnover rate, an average size company could spend nearly $400,000 a year on hiring alone, according to our “5 Key Elements to Drive Employee Satisfaction.”
- 82% of employees at high-performing companies are highly engaged, but only 68% are highly engaged at under-performing companies, according to Forbes.
Good personalization is hiding in plain sight
Think of what Amazon and Netflix know about you based on your actions as a customer. Why do I want to buy everything Amazon shows me? Why do I want to watch everything Netflix shows me? They see me for who I am.
For me, I like camping, hiking, and skiing; I watch political dramas, Marvel movies, science fiction/fantasy, and so much hockey; I wear jeans, T-shirts, sneakers, and own dozens of ballcaps; and I buy video games for my kids. Heck, they already know my age (not that they couldn’t guess) and could probably tell my income. Everything from the stickers on my laptop to the sheer number of hoodies I own defines me. They know more about me than my parents know at this point, I think.
And it shows. They market to me based on all the right pressure points, maybe even guilt (gulp!).
What does Akumina do for personalized EX?
Why doesn’t everything work like Amazon? Why can’t my employee experience platform power my digital workplace to just show me what it knows I want, whether it be my frequently used apps for time off and pay stubs, or my company news and communications I care about, or the tools and deadline tracking for my project management.
A digital workplace powered by Akumina’s EXP can. And it has a huge advantage over most CX personalization because the people using it in HR, corporate communication and IT actually know you.
Here’s what they can do in three easy steps:
- Identify employee personas
- Create effective employee journey maps
- Build a Voice of the Employee program
And they can execute and test all of this in one, easy-to-use platform that doesn’t require any technical background or lengthy process.
Have you used a personalization tool like this before? Have you thought of the immediate return on investment (ROI) and long-lasting benefits you’d reap from creating better employee experiences?
Read this whitepaper for a well-rounded understanding of what steps you can make to make some small, but meaningful changes.
If you’re interested in learning how organizations around the world have improved their employee experience with Akumina, request a demo today.Read More