Business Development Representative
Akumina is the modern intranet platform that empowers global enterprises to quickly create personalized digital experiences that help every employee in every role work smarter, not harder. By offering a customizable, brandable and multilingual platform that seamlessly integrates with leading enterprise cloud applications, Akumina delivers a contextual, collaborative and engaging workplace experience to every user on any device. Our customers include Whole Foods Market, The Boston Red Sox, GlaxoSmithKline, iRobot, The World Trade Center to name a few.
Akumina is currently looking for a Business Development Representative to join our team. This person will be responsible for sourcing and creating new business opportunities for Akumina’s Digital Workplace Platform within a geographic territory in North America.
This position requires free thinking and self-motivated top performers. Akumina is in the unique position of being well established and best of breed in our industry while still being young enough for you to have major impact on the rapid and explosive growth of our firm. This position calls for a driven person who thrives on connecting with professionals, understanding the complex business challenges of your prospects and clearly communicating the value of this solution to various client audiences.
Your job is to engage with potential prospects and talk through the challenges of employee engagement across the workplace. We want to effectively communicate Akumina’s value proposition as it relates to this challenge and thoughtful, personalized outreach is one of the best ways to do it. The goal of your work is to build early stage relationships with executives that will convert first to qualified opportunities and ultimately to valued customers.
Position is based in Nashua, NH.
· Generate quality meetings with Directors, VPs and C-suite executives within Enterprise organizations
· Strategically work on targeting identified prospects with both your Regional Sales Director and Demand Generation team, using a well-planned, account-based approach
· Deliver compelling value to prospects based on a solid understanding of how Akumina’s technology is positioned to solve the challenges of employee engagement
· Create new revenue opportunities by educating inbound leads and prospects about modern intranets, employee experience and Akumina
· Implement a multi-channel prospecting approach across phone, email, social and direct mail
Individual Success Qualities:
· Meets or exceeds Monthly, Quarterly and Annual goals
· Communicates articulately by speaking like a peer to VPs and CXOs of Enterprise companies and understands organizational business drivers, challenges and pain points
· Approaches every day with relentlessness and can view challenges as accelerated learning opportunities for personal and professional development
· Self-directed with strong sense of personal ownership and accountability
· Coachable and eager to receive and implement feedback
· Confident, able to differentiate yourself and build meaningful business relationships with both prospects and internal colleagues
· Committed to building the foundation for a successful career
- 1-3 years of business development or inside sales experience (B2B) with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals