Today we are excited to announce that the Boston Red Sox have chosen Akumina’s digital workplace platform to launch their new global digital workplace!
The Red Sox turned to Akumina to transform their business and unite their global workforce of full and part-time staff to improve employee engagement and productivity, providing employees with a secure mobile-friendly and intuitive user-experience with access to key operational information, applications, tools and timely in-game and day of game happenings.
Offering a mobile-first experience, the new digital workplace will support a more social and connected digital experience for every employee from ‘desk-less’ employees who work around the globe, in the stands or around the ballpark.
“We partnered with Akumina to launch our new global employee experience. For an organization like the Red Sox, being able to better collaborate and inform our disparate team members about all aspects of our operation is critical” said Brian Shield, Chief Information Officer, Boston Red Sox. “The mobile experience we have built on Akumina allows for us to better engage with our employees, provide real-time game-related information to all employees, deliver a central ‘hub’ for accessing key employee systems, and support a more streamlined year-round operation.”
The Red Sox’s new digital workplace branded as Red Sox “Home Plate”, will provide the following key benefits:
- Beautiful mobile-first design and interaction
- A user-friendly content management environment that facilitates end-user entry and maintenance of content
- Real-time updates for all home and away games
- Support for department-level sites
- Employee directory content
- Complete details and calendar of events for all game and non-game activities
- Easy access to the most widely used internal and external applications
- All PR, media clips, and organization announcements
- A new “Culture” section for all employees
- Ability for employees to manage and get their personal game day tickets
- Access to historic memorabilia, memories, employee spotlights, and other information found in the Fenway archives, and much more!
“We’re excited to be working with The Sox on their vision to provide an engaged and connected digital experience to their diverse workforce on the field and off the field,” said David Maffei, Chief Revenue Officer at Akumina. “We are seeing more and more organizations with distributed field workers turn to Akumina to help engage, connect and create culture-rich experiences for all their employees. More and more organizations are supporting employees who only have their own mobile device and the ability to deliver the right information at the right time allows them to execute their job better; whatever that job may be.”
Check out a snapshot below of the home page connecting employees to communications and data from various sources, applications, tools and more all from one mobile-friendly access point!
Ready to transform how your employees work, innovate and collaborate? Turn to Akumina to start engaging your employees with personalized and contextual experiences that transform how they work! www.akumina.comRead More